Tuesday, October 28, 2008

UN-PLEASENT DREAMS: Elvira - Here I Am (Mistress of the Dark)

All hail the queen of midnight horror...ELVIRA!!!

I am the BIGGEST Elvira fan known to man. I constantly sat in front of the TV as a child either watching one of her fabulous re-runs of Elvira's Midnight Madness (one of her early 80's hosting gig of cheesy horror movies), or one of her superior low budget films. My absolute favorite of Elvira's work is the infamous ..Mistress Of The Dark movie.

Released in 1988, the movie naturally wasn't a smash hit, but of course holds till this day an incredibly strong cult following. I remember I lied to my parents and told them I had lost the VHS tape, and never returned it to King Kong Video in Hialeah. Elvira: Mistress of the Dark was all mine! 

This track is one of her own. Featured in the ending scene of the movie, Elvira finally makes it out to Vegas to star in her own show. I've also added a YouTube link of the actual scene so you can bask yourself in all of Elvira's glory! UN-PLEASENT DREAMS!!! -- MikeeGB


No comments: