Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Top 10: June 2011


On the menu for this month: not house music, there are other things in life.

10. How Can U Luv Me? - Unknown Mortal Orchestra

Funky & rockish! Why not?




9. Sadness Is A Blessing (Gold Panda Remix) - Lykke Li

I'm not even gonna start with this bitch. I love everything she's done thus far, videos and music.

8. Hannah (Easy Does It Remix) - Freelance Whales

Indie pop at its best. I love the dubstepesque sound to this.The video is pretty bad ass too!

7. Goose & Gander - The Generationals

One of the top 10s in April was a track in their album, "Actor-Caster". I promised to listen to the album. WELL, it's awesome, the entire thing.

6. Get Up - Jonquil

Indie Rock! Baby, I think you might like this. =)

5. Fiebre Tropical - Chucha Santamaria Y Usted

I love the title, and the artist's name is hilarious. Chucha means "pussy", for people from the Caribbean coast of Colombia. ;)

4. Prisoner of Love (feat. Antony) - Jessica 6

3. Careful Who You Dance With (Xiu Xiu Remix) - Parenthetical Girls

I love how male vocals sound like women, and female vocals sound like men, nowadays. How ambiguously androgynous. Add indierock to that formula and voila! The video is phenom! I love the display of pubic hair, and the very end of the video is disturbing. The song is giving me Italoness (Italo Disco) all the way!

2. Lose It - Austra

Fabulous song in her debut album "Feel It Break".. already released. Get on it.

1. Trip To Your Heart - Britney Spears

I know, I know, this is too mainstream for my usual antics. However, listen to it. I rest my case.


No comments: