Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Top 10: October 2011



HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

On the menu: all sorts of pop!

10. "Nuclear Seasons" by Charli XCX
Atmospheric electro pop with female vocals always makes the cut!


9. "A Real Hero" (Paul Remix) by College ft. Electric Youth


8. "Garden" (Joe Goddard Remix) by Totoally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs
Anything with Hop Chip blood is IN.


7. "Eyes" (Extended Mix) by Kaskade ft. Mindy Gledhill
Absolutely beautiful! One of the most beautiful by Kaskade in a while. This is great to listen to while coming down.........!


6. "Seconds" (Syd The Kyd Remix) by Little Dragon
The love affair between Little Dragon and Syd The Kyd have me in complete bliss. This is the best lo fi beat I've found in a very long time.


5. "Last Night" by Niki and the Dove
THANKS to my partner in crime MikeeGB, for discovering and relaying this fantastic entity, a la Knife vs. Iamamiwhoami vs. Bjork. This is my favorite song in their continuous melodic album: The Drummer. It's a must have.
Please visit their site and support!


4. "Weekend" by Class Actress
This bitch, Elizabeth Harper, from Brooklyn, puts me through it. This is the second single in a top 10 this year. Album of the year? Make sure to check out their album, Rapprocher, definitely embedded in contemporary pop.


3. "The Look" by Metronomy
The sounds are so fragile "it's like having a party in an antique shop!" theneedledrop.com


2. "How It Ended" by The Drums
Check my twitter in about 24 hours. I will be listening to The Drums LIVE in Manhattan. When they play this song, I will scream and jump twice. In an attempt to make you fall in love with them instantly, they already had me at their previous album.


1. "We Found Love" by Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris
It's very rare that a video and a song have a deep impression on me simultaneously. This entire production raped me.




No comments: