Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"ELECTRO ISN'T DEAD!" - Robots With Rayguns



The only reason why I haven't deleted my Myspace account is because I always receive friend requests from the most random bands and artists, something that Facebook still lacks. So I received a friend request from Robots With Rayguns and I'm very reluctant to accept unfamiliar people as my friend on myspace and facebook, but the name caught my attention, so I let the friend request linger for about 2 months. When the summer rolled around and I finally had time to browse all of my myspace artist friend requests, I came across this artist, who I instantly fell in love with, well, the sound at least: Robots With Rayguns. I accepted.

After watching the videos and listening to the music, I messaged the artist and asked his permission to be featured on this blog. Without further ado, I would like to introduce the electro & pop sounds of Robots With Rayguns!

Biography:

"There isn't a lot of information available on me right now because I pulled a 'Polanksi' and fled the country.

Well...it's just me. I started producing music when I was about 13, doing experimental industrial/electro (under the moniker Gravemachine). After a Norwegian death metal band with the same name released an EP which got thrown together with my album on itunes as the same project (and everywhere else on the internet) I decided to focus on my other main project, RWR, in which I composed 80s Hook-driven inspired electropop. Then, this past winter I discovered the blogs. I had no idea there was an audience at all for this type of music, let alone such a rich one. I just finished the first album, "Electro Isnt Dead" which will be released next month, and the first single released through the blogs, "Sugarbaby" seems to have some success. It will be featured in a promotional ad for the August cover-shoot of ASOS Magazine. I guess that's about it for now. Lots of cool things ahead, though. Anything else you want to know or ask just let me know. I'm originally from Baltimore but just last month moved out to Phoenix, Arizona, where I plan on staying indefinitely."

The videos are amazing and the melodies are totally 80s electro pop. Enjoy! - Polygenrous





Download other mixes at: SoundCloud

17 comments:

el tiburon (Mikee) said...

I fucking love him!!!!!!

姿柯瑩柯dgdd憶曾g智曾 said...

世間唯一永恆的,就是改變..................................................

詹莉emmaagnes莉真 said...

命運,就是自己行為的結果。..................................................

婉婷 said...

No one knows the weight of anothers burden. ..................................................

惠桂惠桂 said...

精彩的部落格 值得一推再推 支持你............................................................

銘木 said...

GOOD IDEA~thanks............................................................

魏懷名明祖成 said...

真是好文呀~~給你拍拍手再加分!!!............................................................

和廖勇和廖勇 said...

人生就像一顆核桃,必須敲破它,才會顯出他的內容。.......................................................

秀吉秀吉 said...

Knowledge is power................................................

沈貞李添睿儀 said...

時間就是塑造生命的材料。

偉曹琬 said...

友誼能增進快樂,減少痛苦......................................................................

怡涂涂涂均 said...

培養健全孩子最好的方法是父母先成為健全的人。......................................................................

立和辛和胡辛和辛偉 said...

來幫忙拼人氣~Go Go Go............................................................

翊翊翊翊張瑜翊翊翊 said...

如果成為一支火柴,也要點亮一個短暫的宇宙;如果是一隻烏鴉,也要叫疼閉塞的耳膜。............................. ...................................

耿麗旺麗旺麗旺綺 said...

時間就是塑造生命的材料。..................................................... ............

黃英吳思潔吳思潔邦 said...

快樂,是享受工作過程的結果......................................................................

瑰潼 said...

死亡是悲哀的,但活得不快樂更悲哀。.. ... ............................................................