Monday, February 2, 2009

TV LAND: Opening Theme of United States of Tara



Ok so in case you have yet to become obsessed with this new "dark comedy" sitcom, I am here to do my job and praise the fabulous! 

I had been looking forward to this show once I read that Diablo Cody who wrote the movie Juno was working on a Showtime sitcom about a woman with multiple personalities. They already had me. Then I come to hear Toni Collette (a very exquisite actress, and an all time fav) was going to play that very woman. The show hadn't even aired and already I was a fan. 

Now let me just say we are already on episode 4 and this show definitely went above and beyond my expectations. It's a FANTASTIC show that you all MUST get into. It funny, sad, thrilling, and genuine all in one. I urge you ALL to get into the Showtime action and make Tara your new best friend.

The opening theme is also quite fantastic itself. It has no official title but we can say it has a working title of United States Of Tara Opening Theme. Written and produced by Tim Delaughter of the Polyphonic Spree, it's absolutely a perfect fit to open the show. Enjoy a 57 second clip below, hopefully we'll get a full version of this magical track. Also for those feeling the strings of a shitty economy I have placed a link to watch the FULL pilot episode! ENJIZZOY!! -- MikeeGB

No comments: